Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Before The Twilight



There are two times, that I recall, during my rap career, when I have written something without fully comprehending what I have written. Thus was the case when I named my new album Before The Twilight. I had my reasons:


"Before the twilight is when the sun shines bright
and before your twilight is your prime"
- JustMe from "Twilight"


Recently though, as I studied the parallels between the Jewish Feasts and Jesus, God revealed to me a much greater meaning to this title. In chapter 23 of The Book of Leviticus, God instructs Moses on how the Israelites are to observe The Feasts of the LORD. These feasts are of great prophetic significance! I don't want this blog entry to become a full blown bible study, so I will just say that you should look into it more yourself, but check this out:


'In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight is the LORD'S Passover.
Leviticus 23:5


Passover is a feast commemorating Israel's deliverance from Egypt. A lamb is sacrificed for each family to symbolize how the blood of the lamb saved them from God's wrath.


Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.
1 Corinthians 5:7


Jesus, The Lamb of God laid down His life to save us from God's judgment on the fourteenth day of the first month at twilight! The suffering of Christ between The Last Supper and His death is commonly known as His passion, so His passion took place before the twilight! Okay, maybe it's a stretch, but Before The Twilight is my passion! The album is an expression of my passion in the relationships that define my life: my relationship with Christ, my relationships with my wife and son, and my relationships with my friends.


If you are interested in hearing some of the album, or maybe even buying it, check it out on i-tunes by clicking the link below.



2 comments:

The Prizing House said...

interesting ....hmmm....
great album!

Deano said...

I finally got to read this - good stuff man - good stuff!